Transient sightings 2010


Transient sightings 2010 weergeven op een grotere kaart

Thursday, March 26, 2009

T's off Trial Island BC

March 26
Lucky to be out once again with Mark Malleson, to encounter 6 Transients south of Trial Island on the way toward Discovery Island, between 3- 4pm, The T10's were ID by Mark . The bull was travelling with three 'exotics '...not sure who they were at this time, but I am sure Mark, Ken Balcomb or David Ellifrit, will soon have an identity for them. Possibly, T10 and T10C were seen farther off by themselves. Marie, Orca-Magic, POW

T10b

March 26
5:45-6:30 - 2 miles southeast of Kelp Reef, Haro Strait.
It was one of those days! We got news of Orcas right at the end of our first trip so I rushed in for my second group. We zoomed out but couldn't find them, so we went down to Whale Rocks to see the Steller Sea Lions. They are always amazing. My passengers were disappointed, but they understood that it's not Sea World out there.
On the way home, while we were right in front of Lime Kiln Lighthouse, I saw a splash way in the distance over toward Kelp Reef. Sure enough it was the wayward Transients. They had made a kill and were very active. See pictures... We left them at 6:00 two miles southeast of Kelp.
My folks were so happy, which always makes me happy.
Capt. Jim Maya, Maya's Charters, San Juan Island

March 26
I had the T26's and the T10's south of Discovery this afternoon heading north for Haro Strait.
Mark Malleson, Prince of Whales, Victoria B.C.