Transient sightings 2010


Transient sightings 2010 weergeven op een grotere kaart

Sunday, May 10, 2009

T40

May 10
We got a report from Susan McLeod at 4:50 pm, of 4 - 5 orcas between west Fulford Harbor, Salt Spring and Pender island, west of Russell Island, heading north. She described one of them as having a flopped over fin, possibly T40/Captain Hook?

Correction/Clarification - May 10:
I reported the sighting of 4-5 orcas yesterday (in yesterday's whale report). I want to correct the location. I guess that I gave too much information on the phone and didn't make myself clear. I saw the orcas pretty much between Salt Spring Island and North Pender Island - out where the Swanson Channel and perhaps the Satellite Channel intersect - south of Beaver Point, Salt Spring Island.
I live on the west side of Fulford Harbour on Roland Road and observed the orcas way out beyond Russell Island (from my vantage point on Roland Road). I do have a good spotting scope and am pretty sure that the male that I saw had a dorsal fin that was completely bent over at the top (it looked like it was rolled over). Probably T40/Captain Hook - sb I hope that this helps.
Susan MacLeod, Salt Spring Island, B.C.